Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WICHITA HIP-HOP LESSON #4 - DJ HARD!!!






So let me start off by saying...  I really don't know much about DJ Hard.  Never met him, but he was one of the first local artists that I really remember seeing get love from ALL over the city.  Now I'm sure there were other artists around the city doing there thing, but for me it seemed like at the time DJ Hard really spread his music throughout the city, and if you didn't know him, you know his music!  It seemed like everyone had his tape around town.  I was at Hadley Middle School when his album Inhale My Flow dropped.  Seeing a rap album with someone on the cover reppin Kansas with KU gear on was major!  It was the first time I had really seen anyone do that.  DJ Hard made a huge mark on the Wichita hip-hop scene because to this day people still talk about him and that Inhale My Flow album.  My tape that I had unfortunately got ate, but I do hear of the tape still being floated around from time to time so there are still copies of it out there!  Below are two tracks "Inhale My Flow" and "The Master Plan".  Enjoy!  Next week...  the Wichita Graff artists!


No comments:

Post a Comment